Pages

mercredi 21 novembre 2012

Who is Olivier?

Meet your French Teacher. Experienced, friendly and reliable you will enjoy learning French with him.



















Bonjour tout le monde,

Almost 3 years in Vancouver! Time flies...
I thought it was finally time to introduce myself as a French Teacher to the World Wide Web, and communicate more about my services in the Vancouver area.


But first let me introduce myself as a French Teacher and as a French immigrant in Vancouver.


My name is Olivier and I am a young French man from Angers, a little city 1 hour away from Paris (by train) located in an area renowned for having the most pure French accent (French Embassy source) ^_^
Teaching/Tutoring entered my life at the early age of 14 when I started babysitting children, and became more significant during my high-school and university years.
At this time I was also studying to get my carrier started as a industrial manager, and I didn't realize I was already doing what today I consider an ideal job.
Having meaningful interactions/connections, exchanging knowledge/ideas, being supportive to my students and coaching them in through learning process, being creative in order to teach in a pleasant/fun way while adapting to the needs and wants of each person: these are only a few reasons among hundreds why I decided to dedicate myself fully to teaching French during a year-long trip around Australia and Asia.

Although passing on knowledge is to me one of the most beautiful experiences, being a good teacher is not something you improvise. For this reason I had to develop many skills beside my unerring passion.
I started exploring language education throughout history (Europe has a fascinating past in this matter and is a perfect source of examples for what to do and not), I studied the process of learning through neuroscience in order to understand better the mechanisms of the learning process (especially with languages), I got trained by different language schools and looked in detail into the most common practices, I took a program from the Alliance Francaise for teaching French abroad (DAEFLE) and learnt the most updated language teaching strategies. I have plenty of experience with dozens of students, each one with a very diverse education background, culture, goals, dedication, personality, age..., I have observed, listened and worked toward always improving myself as a teacher.

In my everyday life I am also a passionate juggler and snowboarder, and I also eagerly explore climbing, dance, puppetry, playing with instruments, arts, props, friends and everything that makes life happier and more colourful... All these activities relate in a way to teaching and learning, and they have tremendously developed my teaching abilities. But mostly they are the things I enjoy the most about Vancouver.
As you can guess I am a really energetic person who likes to always do and learn more.

For French classes in Vancouver please contact me: rholivier[at]hotmail.fr

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire